Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Grand Hotel Union, Ljubljana.
This panel discussion touched on several topics, including:
- Which rights do children have, and who can protect them best?
- Would the new (family) law improve the protection of children’s’ rights?
- What does it mean for children that the adoption authority is transferred from social work agencies to (family) courts?
- Are parents disarmed in their raising capacity when they cannot physically punish their children in any way?
- Are Slovenians ready to recognize and honor the rights of others, even when we do not agree with their values and personal decisions?
We were joined by a panel of experts:
- Alenka Švab, PhD – Faculty of Humane Studies and Faculty of Social Sciences
- Miran Možina, MD, MA – University of Sigmund Freud, Vienna
- Katja Šugman Stubbs, PhD – Faculty of Law, University of Ljubljana
The discussion was moderated by Lea Štumberger from Svetilnik.